What is Transgender?/what does mean to be transgender? Edit
It can mean many things:
- that their gender doesn't match the sex they were assigned at birth
- that they are non-binary and their gender includes genders other than sex they were assigned at birth
- that their gender changes and doesn't always match the sex they were assigned at birth
- they experience gender dysphoria but don't necessarily know which of the above the fall into.
however, it is not (but these groups are welcome here):
- Having a body between male and female that is intersex
- drag preformers (Most of which are actually cisgender)
What is transition? Edit
- Main article: transition
But how do I start transition Edit
for social transition there is no prerequisites (Other than maybe buy new clothes) to start.
legal transition depends on the laws of both where you currently live and where you were born
I meant how do I actually do these things Edit
We try to link to how to on appropriate pages but feel free to ask questions in the comment sections and one of our other users will be happy to answer your questions.
What is gender? Edit
- Main article: Gender
- Gender is what pronouns you want to be referred to by and what you want to be seen as.
- Gender is how a person thinks of their own gender within themselves.(Gender identity)
- Gender is the way a person chooses to present themselves to others (Gender expression)
- What gendered roles a person plays in dating, social situation, etc.
In summary, there is no simple definition of gender.
What are these * users categories? Edit
they are to help users who have questions a way to find a user that may be able answer the question.
how do I add them? Edit
one way is to click the little arrow on the edit button and click classic editor and add the categories
what is I don't know my gender? Edit
We have template for that but can also ask in the forums.